Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good stuff, good stuff

Bear with me kids. Only a few more posts til I get this run outta my system!

A couple really cool things have happened this week, and though it's only Wednesday I'm compelled to share.

1) I went to the HRTC monthly meeting on Monday. The food wasn't the best (pasta with a white sauce and MUSHrooms... barf), but it was a good meeting: Meet the Race Directors meeting. Dave, the revealer of my current crotchal comforts on the bike, hooked me up with some Clif bars and bloks (yesss). I hung out with my tri girls, every one faster and prettier than the next. But most importantly, I won a comp entry into a local race--a duathlon.

I've never done a duathlon, and I fully expect to get my ass kicked. But for $5 worth of raffle tickets I won a $40 race entry into something I've kinda wanted to try, but didn't want to spend the money to get humiliated. Now I get to do it essentially for free! Awesome! I can't decide if I should do the one in May or July, though; May will only be balls hot versus July's freaking balls hot, but I'm not sure I'll be allowed to run yet in May. Maybe I'll hold off on a decision til my next doctor visit next month. Good idea? I think so.

2) Two weeks ago I emailed the Buffalo Wallow guy to explain that I was an A-hole who didn't stay for awards and to tell him how impressed and entertained my friends and I were at the race. Last night I came home to a package with my award! An admittedly crappy medal (again, $11 race) and one of those drawstring bags like the Ford IM bags, only way better: it has nicer material, mesh pockets, Velcro, zippers, and "Buffalo Wallow Cross Country" screened on it. The extra stuff on it will definitely get it used more often than the Ford bag, though the Ford bag looks more waterproof.

3) I found out last night I can almost get my heartrate as high during aquajogging as I can running intervals. The bad: I chafed my underarms on the float belt. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? I want to post on my tri club forum but I don't want to sound a) snooty, b) dramatic, or c) dumb. Do you think bodyglide will hold up for hours in the water?

4) This isn't something awesome, but I had a question: has anyone tried both BodyGlide and Sportslick? Which one do you like better? I'm a Sportslick girl myself, but I've never tried BodyGlide to get a comparison.

Happy V day lovers!

2 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

In re: #1

I figure it this way. They PAID you $35 to do this race. So it's your job...no, your MORAL IMPERATIVE to make a complete fool out of yourself. I say a costume is certainly in order. And maybe a wig. No...definitely a wig. Perhaps also a pet, dressed in a matching costume. No, a POCKET PET dressed in a matching costume.

There you go. No more planning needed. Have fun!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

you're doing aquarunning too?

shit I gotta read your blog more often. cool!

I'm supposed to start soon - injury sucks and all.