Friday, December 29, 2006

It was a very good year

I'll be MIA over the next week because I'll be on vacation. Before you get jealous, it's supposed to rain during the meat of the cruise, so I'm not sure what that'll mean for our trips. No matter what I'm having fun though; I'm kinda glad I know about the potential crappy weather so I can mentally prepare to have an awesome time anyway. How's that for positive?

Here’s the 2006 list of Shele schtuff. Lists are easier than actually thinking about the ending year and what it means to me. Or whatever. Here goes...

Kittens acquired: 1
Jobs lost: 0 (count your blessings, eh?)
Moves: 0!
Pounds gained: 11 (ew!)
Months without candy: 1
Trips taken: 12
06 World Series won by the best team ever (in my heart at least): 1
Totally sweet sponsorships acquired: 1
Watches purchased: 1
Watches broken: 1 (curses!)
Marathons: 1
Tri Sprints: 2
Half IMs: 1
Ironmans (ironmen? Irondistances?): 2
Ultradistances: 1
DNFs: 0
PRs: 3 (10k, sprint tri, ironman)
Bikes purchased: 1
Bikes owned: 2.1

Not a bad year if I may say so. I've made some new friends—in fact, all my non-work friends are brand spanking new thanks to triathlon; Houston Racing changed my life, and blogging has been surprisingly encouraging. Who knew? May I keep my new buddies in the next year despite being a grumpy ol’ fart. What next year will bring is still more of a mystery than I'd like (case in point: no tris planned after Arizona. What shall I do? Where should I go? I can't decide!), but it's pretty exciting nonetheless. Life is good.

Happy new year to you guys! Go 2007! Woo!

6 comments:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

wow - you've had a heck of a year! 2 ID's and 1 Ultra? Wowsa!

go you!

Unknown said...

how do you own 2.1 bikes?

have fun this week!!!

Cheaper Than Therapy said...

19 law school applications? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

hey--just wanted to say it was nice meeting you yesterday...

hope your cruise is awesome!!!

Bolder said...

that's an outstanding year!

may 2007 be your best!!

shelek said...

I gave my old bike to my boyfriend-fiance, but he hasn't taken to its womens-specific seat. I'll take 0.1 ownership of that baby.