Thursday, December 21, 2006

If I’m even doing it, what’s your excuse?

Did I mention I’m going on a 7 day cruise through the Caribbean starting December 30? Well, I am. Originally I thought this would exclude me from partaking in the GYGO Virtual Tri-Geek Challenge, but no. Meet Mishelek, race #60. If I beat everyone else out of bed (I know, I know unlikely) I can get a mostly empty pool to swim 200 yards. Then I can hit the gym’s stationary bikes for the 15 mile bike ride and run the track for a 4 mile run. Then I can shower and get off the boat to enjoy Mujahual. If I can do it, you can too (except that last part).

I don’t expect to go fast because I very much hope I’m nursing a slight hangover. But it’s not about my speed or race distance—it’s about moving my ass at the first opportunity of 2007. I think. It could also be about burning off the night before’s calories... and of course that hangover.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also doing the same thing. i'm on a trip from the 26th till the 3rd and I have complete plans to run while I'm out. Also I have to test out my new toy. I got that nike + apple thing...well minus the nike part.

greyhound said...

Haven't registered yet, but I'll be hitting the pool, stationary bike and the run at Disney World before the fam gets up.

shelek said...

Nice addition Frankie! I didn't know you could get it independent of Nike shoes, so that's cool.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

I think I'll be assisting at the tri I did not get registered for - watching others do their thing at Arthur's Seat, lucky ducks...