Monday, April 14, 2008

And speaking of Chicago...

A law school friend twisted my arm til I agreed to register for everyone's favorite marathon with her. It'll be her first marathon. We have a time goal and everything-- basically, contrary to everything I usually do with running thus far. It's a welcome change.

I'm scared. I've never signed up to do a race with someone else, except Sunmart 50k (aka "The time I learned that drinking soda while running makes me very sick"). We're figuring out a training plan tomorrow, though mine'll be different than hers on account of that whole ironman thing I'm doing six weeks earlier. That's another good reason to be scared. Even so, I'm excited about the prospect of training with someone since training alone for the 26.2 hasn't worked yet. Admittedly, it's been a long and low-workout-volumed schoolyear without any sort of network of exercisers. I'm lonely up here, and so is my spandex.

Okay, enough self-pity. I need to save my whining for the course! ;-)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'll TOTALLY come watch you race! The Chicago Marathon route usually goes down Broadway (a mere block down the street!) so I can totally come with a sign and everything. I'm sure you'll be the only Mishele running ;)

greyhound said...

Get going, sister. And you better cowgirl up for some training this weekend.