Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mid 70s? No rain? Is this the same course?!

This isn't a law school post. Why? Because actual law school has kept me busy enough that I don't have time (okay, minor exaggeration... I've had a rough second week of school since I spent hours this week looking at new computers). I suppose it's only interesting to me anyway; law school's been done before. It just happens to be like an academic nirvana for me personally. Maybe later I'll put you to sleep with it, but now I only have time for an Ironman Wisconsin post.

I'm heading out tomorrow to drive up (grr after a Contracts makeup class during freaking happy hour and what should have been my third hour of driving). The forecast? Beautiful. The race cast? Beautiful. I'm so excited to see old faces and meet some new ones, like the elusive Wendy and Brent, both of whom I missed in Arizona. I'm stoked for my volunteer meeting on Saturday. I'm stoked for some wannabe Gatorade swim action (around 9:30 on Saturday-- anyone wanna meet up for a quick dip??). Basically, I'm just so freaking stoked to be watching the drama-- real or melo-- unfold before me. It's gonna be a blast.

The only bad news? I can't stay til the end of the race anymore. I'm only volunteering at the finish line until 8 pm, then am driving home around 9 or so-- whenever my favorite Houston virgin gets that m-dot cherry popped. Call me crazy but the idea of getting up at 4 AM after volunteering til 12:15 AM had me a little nervous about dying on the road and/or missing my 10 AM Torts class. Sorry kids, but school comes first.

Speaking of which, I have to get some stuff done before I head up north. Sleep well and see you on the course or at the finish line!

(Oh, if you want to me up, feel free to email me or use my cell number if you have it. I swear I'll pick it up this weekend!)

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Raises hand! I want to meet up! :)

I'll be at the race athlete meet up point at 11 am Saturday and various places on the course on Sunday. Shoot me an e-mail with your #!

George Schweitzer said...

thats committment to the edu!

greyhound said...

So are you pressuring me to finish by 9 p.m.???? Have you seen that bike course????

Oh. Uhm. Yeah. You did it . . . like last year when conditions were horrible.

Never mind.

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Wannabe Gatorade swim action, huh? That sounds COOL! I might just be down for that - I think it would be funny for the big ol pregnant chick to show up in a Speedo to swim with the Iron folk : )

(But it would mean being all wet and lake smelly for the 11am meet-up... so now I'm torn...)

Unknown said...

And we're looking forward to meeting you live & in person.

We're here at the hotel, gettin' ready to head out to the race site this monrning. (One of us already has a fancy wristband on!)