Friday, November 10, 2006

D4: My PR

They say ("they" being tri bloggers. "They" know everything) that there are 4 elements of triathlon: swimming, biking, running, and taking good race pictures.

I have not mastered the elusive 4th discipline.

No matter how great I'm feeling, how fresh my stride, how aero I go my pictures suck. I look like a lazy, fat power walker on training wheels. Oh! And while you're at it, throw in some water wings. It's ridiculous how horrible I usually look. Remember my IM AZ finish pic? I looked high as a kite (and no, I wasn't). I'm as anti-tri photogenic as you get.

Ironstar, however, was a different story. Despite my not training and not going fast I looked like a real athlete. Here, see for yourself:
(They're links because I don't know how to make the photographer's online pictures show up in my blog... I'm pitiful at this "technology" stuff.)

Emerging from the water

Up close & personal-- note the Athena double chin

Aero baby!

T2-- I swear I'm running. Kinda.

Best running shot ever-- note that both my feet are off the ground :)

Finishing hard

Finish

Priorities: 1) finish, 2) dick around with watch stoppage

The other day the links were different, so these may not work for long. In which case, uh, tough nuggets. :) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look like a pro!

greyhound said...

Ok, so you're in big trouble now. I take negative self-talk as a challenge to pump someone up. Just ask Terie.

You look STRONG. Strong is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Great Pictures! Looks like you had fun..
rockon`