Friday, August 18, 2006

Shot through the heart

Yesterday when digging through the pile that is "months of crap to file" looking for my Rudy Project discount, I came across the July issue of Outside. Floyd Landis glared at me from the cover, and it nearly broke my heart. Just when I thought there was hope for love, admiration...

I'll never have another sports hero again. :-(

(another interesting thought: Outside weighs heavily on my opinions about all things sports. I want to go to Iceland for the summer solstice because Outside told me it was incredible [was supposed to go with my mom one day and chase puffin babies, soak in hot springs, and ride bikes :-(]. I don't like Dean Karnazes despite his being a badass because of an article run in Outside about some female ultra chick who psuedo-fueds with the guy. I think mountain biking is cool in part because of Outside... and in part because it is cool, but still. What do you think about using Ironman® branded products, Outside? I need to know my opinion.)

1 comment:

DBrower said...

He's still a hero to me, but everybody gets to make their own opinions. I'm keeping a rundown of news/comment on http://trustbut.blogspot.com