Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Crazy dreams linger on...

Patsy Cline reference (the title). Anyway--

Last night I had some crazy dreams. The first one I remember was talking to my tri friend Kay about her new job with a chemical company. Since the place wasn’t far from my job (we were in NYC too... I don't know why. I don't even like the place), I strolled over there about 9:00 AM on her first day at the new place, when lots of execs happened to be showing up. Well, they liked me and instantly hired me (for a LOT more than I’m making now...sad. But I love dreams). I accepted, but felt very strange since it was a Wednesday. Should I finish the week at my old job? Did I really want to leave my company? After all, I liked it a lot. I sorted through these problems by not actually working at my new job and just talking to Kay. It was super fun. Later, however, one exec told me to go get a new wardrobe because I wasn’t very fashionable (couldn’t I have let myself be fashionable in my own dream?? Sigh). She ended up taking me to this boutique, where I spent like effing $1300 on a dress, a purse I hated, and a pair of leather pants. Yes, leather pants. I was super pissed and was about the resolve the problem--somehow--when Lily woke me. Silly kitty!

The next dream was much cooler, though my girl Kay wasn’t hanging out with me. I was at IM Wisconsin whooping some ass. Oh yeah. I posted a 1:08 swim time, two transitions under 5:30, and a bike leg that averaged 15.9 mph (which is quite speedy for me). In the dream I was finishing up the run, and it was dark. Toward the finish line I kind of left my body--which, much like reality on the marathon of an IM, felt like shit--to watch myself finish in 12:51. 12:51! That’s a 10:18 run pace, probably way faster than what I’ll actually run, at least in WI. I train around 9:50 for my long runs, but I don’t think I’ll come close to that in the race. Of course, maybe I could if I actually followed my nutrition plan, especially on the bike. Though it was a dream, that finish was an incredible feeling. One day I’ll do it--in real life? After all, it’s high time I make some race goals that aren’t 100% feasible; achieving them every time (okay, both times) is getting old.

No comments: