Sunday, October 28, 2007

4 posts 4 U

Ugh. My title annoys me. One of the most striking old-lady attributes I perceive that I have is an absolute disgust with electronic shorthand. I text most words fully typed (b/c being an exception), and I IM with full words as well; admittedly, I'm not very good with capitalization and punctuation, but it's not as important to me so I clearly let it slide. The only person who shortens things that I can stand is my brother, and that's because I love him anyway. Everyone else? *shudder*

But I digress. I am waiting for the day when I can write without interrupting myself. :) Here are four posts for you detailing what a sad sack I am. It's better if you read them in order (Thursday first, Sunday last). If you're annoyed I posted 4 times in one night and not at all in 2-3 weeks, tough nuggets-- you can just read one a day or skip them all. I really am trying. I'm also trying to keep up with some blog reading, but I usually read at school (at lunch, not in class) and am having a nasty problem with my internet connectivity. I read, I comment, I press "Publish your comment" and get the finger from the internet gatekeeper. Just know I'm reading, even if it's silently.

I would also like to point out that Wendy called me out on my bragging about Geronimo and his fetch-playing. I have to be honest: he only plays fetch with his mouseys, a set of 5 little fur mice with leather tails. He will play fetch with all 5 colors though (actually, the first package of mouseys are dead and had to be thrown out, but the same is true for their replacements). I just didn't want to mislead anyone about the awesomeness of my cat. Speaking of the G-man, did you know that cats have-- and lose-- baby teeth? That freaked me out, because I discovered this when mine had 3 canine teeth one day and only 2 the next. I found the lost tooth when I was sweeping the next day. Gross huh?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww. I'm sure Geronimo is cute as a button coming back with a mouse in his mouth!

Brent Buckner said...

You have "an absolute disgust with electronic shorthand" but at least you do not spell out instant messaging.

Hope law school, training, and racing go well!

shelek said...

That's a very good point, Brent. I think it might be because I use "IM" as a noun and verb; I rarely say instant message/messaging.

I take back "absolute disgust" and instead say "hypocritical disgust with everyone but myself." That seems fair to me. :)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Yes, yes and yes.

I am clearly in the old lady camp with you. Nice to meet you, old lady.